Marketing Coordinator – Handshake
Founded in 2010, Handshake provides the B2B Commerce platform that helps manufacturers and distributors get closer to their customers with seamless ordering both in-person and online.
As Marketing Coordinator, you’ll be joining Handshake’s marketing team and gaining exposure into every aspect of B2B marketing, including content marketing, demand generation, customer marketing, product marketing, and marketing operations/automation.
You’ll work across departments––not just with the members of our marketing team, but also with Sales, Design, Customer Success, and Product. You will drive leads, traffic, engagement, and sales enablement in a fast-paced startup environment and be a direct contributor to the company’s revenue goals. You should have exceptional writing and communication skills, an extreme eye for detail, and the intellectual curiosity needed to become a true expert in our space.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Writing/editing content marketing assets, including blog posts, white papers, guides, eBooks, etc. Exceptional writing and editing skills are a must. For examples of the topic areas you will be writing on, visit www.handshake.com/resources and www.handshake.com/blog.
- Developing and communicating marketing messages through a deep understanding of our target market.
- Executing on an aggressive campaign and editorial calendar, and being an equal partner in the brainstorming process for new content assets and marketing initiatives.
- Owning and maintaining the company blog, including organizing our editorial calendar, writing/editing posts, and potential management of freelance writing resources.
- Providing visibility on our weekly campaign schedules to the rest of the company, especially Sales.
- Customer marketing via customer interviews and case studies.
- Managing our social media presence across LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Conducting outreach to potential co-marketing partners and helping us open up other possible new content distribution channels.
- Supporting marketing operations, including campaign execution, lead routing, etc.
- 2-3 years B2B marketing experience preferred, especially in a startup environment.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills––professional writing experience a plus.
- An unrelenting eye for detail.
- Strong organizational/project management skills, with an ability to manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to create and execute on planned activities, yet flexible enough to respond to change while balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Passion and clear aptitude for technology
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to innovate and solve problems creatively/resourcefully.
- Desire to learn, grow and develop into an exceptional B2B marketer.
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, and/or other CRM/marketing automation systems a plus.
The Benefits of Working at ‘The Shake’
- Comprehensive medical / dental benefits.
- Competitive salary / equity
- Spacious office in NoHo with plants, a shower, a fully stocked bar and plenty of bike parking
- Unlimited Vacation and PTO
Company name: Handshake