Software Engineer, Growth / SEO – Houzz
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grow a global business spanning a multi-million product e-commerce catalog and millions of local professional profiles across 14 international sites. You will work as a full-stack software engineer across all aspects of Houzz to drive organic traffic growth, building both user facing components and underlying site frameworks and data classification. You will be challenged to devise and implement Growth/SEO strategies across all that Houzz offers – photos, industry professionals, products, stories, and discussions. You will also have the opportunity to dive deeply into data analytics to identify opportunities and understand the impact of your work.
– Identify opportunities and taking ownership of projects in Growth/SEO
– A/B test features to understand the effects of projects and prioritize initiatives
– Develop solutions to improve page relevance/richness, internal linking, and indexation rules
– Develop infrastructure and features to serve the most relevant and engaging content to Houzz users
– Build internal tools to improve the productivity of the marketing team
– Work cross-functionally across other product teams to help them leverage opportunities for organic traffic growth
– Mentor junior team members in both engineering and the Growth/SEO domain
– 3+ years working experience for sites with millions of pages/users
– Experience in web stack programming, from schema design to building user-facing interfaces
– Experience working on fast paced, data-driven projects
– B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Have
– Passion for growth and/or SEO and desire to stay current on latest trends
– Experience growing organic traffic through mechanisms like: (Internal linking, Improving crawl efficiency, Improving richness of a page)
Competitive Salary, Flexible Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, & Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, 401k Retirement Savings, Flexible Spending Accounts, Gym Partnership Discounts, Catered Meals, Fully-Stocked Kitchens, and much more!
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home and remodeling industry and have an impact on over 40 million homeowners and 1.5 million professionals around the world. Frequently ranked as one of the top 10 most disruptive companies in the world and backed by marquee venture capitalists, Houzz will allow you to drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the US and Europe alone.
Our entrepreneurial culture and warm family atmosphere will surround you with a fun and dynamic work environment you will only find at Houzz.
Our engineers play a direct role in the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of users remodeling and decorating their homes, then welcome to Houzz.
Company name: Houzz