The CredoCast is a weekly podcast where I chat with agency founders, individual consultants, and entrepreneurs about their businesses and their expertise. The full archive of episodes is here.
Season 3 is live!
This season I’m taking a different approach to the CredoCast. Instead of just audio (you can still hear the just-audio versions within the posts and on iTunes), this time I’m doing videos, transcripts, and audio.
Here’s what we have lined up:
All Season 1 Episodes
- Episode 1 – Jeremy Smith of SimpleTiger on remote agencies, getting fired, and building a business with his brother.
- Episode 2 – Brandon Doyle of Wallaroo Media on quitting his job and losing all of his clients in short order, building an agency, and working with his best friend.
- Episode 3 – Mike Arnesen of UpBuild on getting fired and building the business he has always wanted to build.
- Episode 4 – Tom Critchlow of Tom Critchlow on solo consulting, quitting Google, and lessons he’s learned along the way
- Episode 5 – Mike Ramsey of Nifty Marketing on selling potatoes in Idaho and lessons he’s learned as a lifelong entrepreneur
- Episode 6 – Akvile Harlow of Akvertise on two years solo consulting, lessons she’s learned, and how she get her start as an entrepreneur as a child in Canada.
- Episode 7 – Blake Denman of Rickety Roo on leaving a job and taking his clients with him, building an agency in Bend Oregon, and more.
All Season 2 Episodes
Unfortunately I lost some episodes on the web in a site migration, but these are the episodes we have live on the web. All are still on the iTunes store.
I have heard for years from a lot of people that they want to start consulting or own their own agency, but they don’t know how to do it. Well, there are a lot of people out there who know how to do it and those are the founders themselves.
So in every CredoCast episode, I chat with a founder or consultant about what they do, why they do it, and who they do it for. Every episode attempts to answer the following questions:
- How you knew it was time to do your own thing (or were you always an entrepreneur)
- How you got your first client(s)
- When you knew it was going to work
- When you officially formed a business and how you did that
- What’s been your biggest catalyst for agency growth
- What you would have done differently given your years of experience now
- What it would take to get you to go work for someone again