The CredoCast is our weekly podcast where I chat with agency founders and individual consultants about their businesses. The CredoCast is currently queuing up for Season 2. The full archive is here.
You can find all of the Season 1 episodes here:
- Episode 1 – Jeremy Smith of SimpleTiger on remote agencies, getting fired, and building a business with his brother.
- Episode 2 – Brandon Doyle of Wallaroo Media on quitting his job and losing all of his clients in short order, building an agency, and working with his best friend.
- Episode 3 – Mike Arnesen of UpBuild on getting fired and building the business he has always wanted to build.
- Episode 4 – Tom Critchlow of Tom Critchlow on solo consulting, quitting Google, and lessons he’s learned along the way
- Episode 5 – Mike Ramsey of Nifty Marketing on selling potatoes in Idaho and lessons he’s learned as a lifelong entrepreneur
- Episode 6 – Akvile Harlow of Akvertise on two years solo consulting, lessons she’s learned, and how she get her start as an entrepreneur as a child in Canada.
- Episode 7 – Blake Denman of Rickety Roo on leaving a job and taking his clients with him, building an agency in Bend Oregon, and more.
I have heard for years from a lot of people that they want to start consulting or own their own agency, but they don’t know how to do it. Well, there are a lot of people out there who know how to do it and those are the founders themselves.
So in every CredoCast episode, I chat with a founder or consultant about what they do, why they do it, and who they do it for. Every episode attempts to answer the following questions:
- How you knew it was time to do your own thing (or were you always an entrepreneur)
- How you got your first client(s)
- When you knew it was going to work
- When you officially formed a business and how you did that
- What’s been your biggest catalyst for agency growth
- What you would have done differently given your years of experience now
- What it would take to get you to go work for someone again