John is the founder of Credo and a freelance growth marketing and SEO consultant based in beautiful Denver, Colorado when he is not traveling.
With almost a decade of of digital marketing experience, John has worn many hats and seen many things at companies that both help them succeed in big ways and also keep them from succeeding. It is now his passion to not only grow companies through great online marketing but also to coach companies through times of transition so that they are set up for success in the future.
John has worked with and within companies of all types and sizes, including:
- International companies looking to fill millions of hotel rooms around the world across multiple levels of brands
- The largest used cars website in India
- Some of the world’s largest content sites and marketplaces
- Seed-stage tech startups in New York City, one of which he helped to increase their organic traffic by 500% which helped them close their Series A of venture funding.
- Built out an 8 person marketing team at HotPads.com, which is owned by Zillow, after working to turn around traffic. During his time leading marketing at HotPads, the team increased email traffic by over 300%, SEO traffic sizeably at this point, and earned coverage from Today.com, The Washington Post, Boston.com, and many more.
- John directly managed 7 team members in this role, spanning SEO, email, content, PR, and link acquisition.
- A cloud-based document management platform startup where they executed on a targeted content strategy to earn more subscribers.
- Worked with engineers at Trulia Rentals to execute on SEO best practices and directly managed the marketer in charge of both marketing and transactional emails.
John is the founder of Credo and a digital marketing consultant for hire.
On a personal note, he is married to Courtney, is co-owner of a very large black lab named Butterbean, and enjoys adventuring throughout the nation and world to partake in rock climbing, cycling, and many other sports.
Submit your review
John is a Marketing Genius!He's incredibly talented with SEO, Startups, and has a lot of great ideas for growing a venture. I learned a ton in our call together and would highly recommend him for anyone who needs coaching or optimizing their funnel.Thanks John!
I’ve been working with John for the last 18 months after we were introduced by a mutual colleague whos deep SEO knowledge I respect. I’ve worked with a handful of talented (and some not so talented) consultants in this space since 2011, and after speaking with a half-dozen more when we were looking to onboard someone new to tackle some hairy projects, I can confidently say John is the best I’ve come across. He has extensive experience running and advising SEO programs at companies with complex organic search challenges like Autodesk.
Beyond domain expertise, John is incredibly responsive and easy to work with. Even though has been a consultant for us, he quickly became a trusted part of our team. His biggest strength might be his ability to successfully work with various groups across the company, from highly technical to nontechnical, and explain complex SEO concepts in a manner that all can understand and align around.
The bottom line is that John is a great guy to have on your side.
I've been working with John to improve my marketing efforts for Adopted.com. He did a deep analysis of our current strategy, and then offered a great plan to improve our site structure and more, followed by some high level recommendations for ongoing help to manage our marketing. Highly recommend him!