John is the founder of Credo and a freelance growth marketing consultant based in beautiful Denver, Colorado when he is not traveling.
With over 7 years of digital marketing experience, John has worn many hats and seen many things at companies that both help them succeed in big ways and also keep them from succeeding. It is now his passion to not only grow companies through great online marketing but also to coach companies through times of transition so that they are set up for success in the future.
John has worked with and within companies of all types and sizes, including:
- International companies looking to fill millions of hotel rooms around the world across multiple levels of brands
- The largest used cars website in India
- Some of the world’s largest content sites and marketplaces
- Seed-stage tech startups in New York City, one of which he helped to increase their organic traffic by 500% which helped them close their Series A of venture funding.
- Built out an 8 person marketing team at HotPads.com, which is owned by Zillow, after working to turn around traffic. During his time leading marketing at HotPads, the team increased email traffic by over 300%, SEO traffic sizeably at this point, and earned coverage from Today.com, The Washington Post, Boston.com, and many more.
- John directly managed 7 team members in this role, spanning SEO, email, content, PR, and link acquisition.
- A cloud-based document management platform startup where they executed on a targeted content strategy to earn more subscribers.
- Worked with engineers at Trulia Rentals to execute on SEO best practices and directly managed the marketer in charge of both marketing and transactional emails.
John is the founder of Credo and a digital marketing consultant for hire. On a personal note, he is married to Courtney, is co-owner of a very large black lab named Butterbean, and enjoys adventuring throughout the nation and world to partake in rock climbing, cycling, and many other sports.
Submit your review
I've been working with John to improve my marketing efforts for Adopted.com. He did a deep analysis of our current strategy, and then offered a great plan to improve our site structure and more, followed by some high level recommendations for ongoing help to manage our marketing. Highly recommend him!
John was fantastic to speak with and offered some great advice on a potential SEO strategy and our company direction. He really knows what he's talking about and it was a pleasure. Highly recommend.
I worked with John as he consulted our e-commerce digital marketing team for about two years. While a technical SEO wizard, John really shined in his creativity and passion for content. His experience and insight was a catalyst for our team to dream up bigger and better content, a difficult task in our B2B market. John’s best quality is his talent to ask the right questions at the right times for the benefit of our team. He’s a true asset to have in any strategy or brainstorming meeting.